Signup

Investing in You

 


The year is done for most of us classroom teachers and it is time for that sigh of relief and hopefully looking forward to a much-needed break.  

I know I am not alone when I say that teaching is a profession of the heart and I think that is why it can be so hard sometimes!  It can be physically exhausting, emotionally taxing, and, at times, feels nearly impossible to balance home and school.

Needless to say, the break in the summer is not only welcome but needed.  This is our time to recenter, reconnect with who we are, and take time for some self-care.  Self-care is a phrase that swirls around us. "I hope you are making time for self-care!"  I will preface this with the fact that I am a parent with more on my plate than just work and family-as is the same for many of us! And honestly, self-care takes the backseat when life happens.

BUT we have some summer. We have the gift of a little time and we get to choose what to do with it! Now comes the hard part...what are we going to do with it?  What does self-care look like, really? I guess that depends on the individual!  I know that when I have free time I can never think of something to do and I end up just scrolling on my phone. So here are some ideas for you and me!

  • Spending unscheduled time with family
  • Spending unscheduled time with yourself
  • Sleep in or take some naps!
  • Some TV/movie/podcast binging
  • Reading a book that is not teaching not Montessori related
  • Gardening
  • Cooking/baking
  • Home improvement projects
  • Crafting or art projects
  • Retail therapy
  • Take an online course on something interesting
  • Volunteering
  • Hiking or camping
  • Build an exercise routine
  • Yoga
  • Daily mindfulness or meditation
  • Travel a little if you can
  • Look for a new place to go that is local
  • Try a happy hour
  • Go to the park and swing
  • Make a throwback playlist
  • Try a new dish each day for a week
  • Make special movie nights with snacks and candy
  • Home facials and manicures

What does self-care look like for you?  What makes your spirit sing? I want to know!


Check it out!

New Online 100% Self-Paced Courses!  

  • ADHD and the Support of the Montessori Prepared Environment 
  • Sensory Processing Disorder and the Support of the Montessori Prepared Environment



                                                    

Comments